What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to reboot after charge

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i put the PRO on my Apple iPad charger and after I take it off I need to hold home and on buttons to do a hard reboot in order to get the screen back. Anyone else with this problem?

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not had any issue and have done three full charges. No issues at all with my Pro 128.

I did a full factory reset from my computer when I initially set my Pro up after the first update. I always do this with a new tablet. I have not had any freezing issues or any problems so far and I have been extensively testing my Pro 128gb.
Perhaps it's worth a try to those that are having some issues.

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just after a long charge and not every time. Last night from 60% and fine today.

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did the factory reset and restore. See if this will help.

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been a few days since I factory reset and restored and no more freezes. I think that's a good idea from now on with all my updates as well.

Snowwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has done this since new, I don't own a PC so I don't think I can do a factory reset

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has done this since new, I don't own a PC so I don't think I can do a factory reset
Welcome to iPad Forums, Snowwolf!
You can backup to iCloud, do a factory restore, and set up the iPad from the iCloud backup; all without a PC.

Snowwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The guy from Apple said only way was to connect to a PC I suggested what you mentioned and he said no, I have not connected a phone or iPad to a PC since iCloud come about, I will give what you said a go, cheers

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The guy from Apple said only way was to connect to a PC I suggested what you mentioned and he said no, I have not connected a phone or iPad to a PC since iCloud come about, I will give what you said a go, cheers
iCloud was introduced with iOS 5 and gave the option of iCloud backups and the ability to activate and set up an iPad or other iOS device without the need to connect to iTunes on a computer. The option to use iTunes is still there but it's no longer the only way.

Most reactions