What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need to create a text file of folder contents

mommydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way (or of an app) to create a list of the filenames in a folder? Specifically I need just a list of the names of the images in a folder - too many to type individually or manually copy and paste each one..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I need a litte bit more information to be able to help you. Is this a folder on your iPad or PC? If PC, are you Windows or OSX? If it's the iPad are you jailbroken?
Give us a little more context and we can probably point you in the right direction. Details help! :)

OP
M

mommydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the response. On the IPad, I have a folder of jpegs. I need to create a file listing of just the image names - that I will ultimately need to email out. On my PC, I use a program called smartdir to do this.

Most reactions