What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to change icloud password on my ipad original.

alexg2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HOw on earth do you change the iCloud password(s) on the iPad (and the Mac pro) ? Somehow I have forgotten or lost the iCloud passwords on both my Mac pro and iPad original. I cannot find a way to change either of my Mac products. I may have changed one (probably the Mac pro) and it messed up both devices. Now they both refuse to work, and neither will let me change passwords. Help? Anyone? My iPad is one yr old, my Mac pro goes back to early 2007. Btw the iPad is on OS 5.0.1, Mac pro OS is Lion.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Sit tight and someone will be along to help you, in the meantime:

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users. It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you've forgotten your iCloud password, go to icloud.com on your Mac and try to sign in. The third time you fail you'll get an iForgot options. Click this and it will take you to a password recovery page. (link below if you want to bypass the iCloud site)

There are probably other ways, but that's the one I happen to remember at the moment.

To fix your password on the iPad if it is incorrect you will have to go to Settings > iCloud choose the account at the top and reenter the correct password. You you could sign out and back into the iCloud. But you will want to recover or change the password first.

You can probably visit the same password recover page on the iPad using Safari, but I have not tried it.

Peterhell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you help, I changed my Email address for my Apple account but now when I try to log in to ICloud's with my newEmail it says not known or wrong password. It let's you put in a new password but not a different Email address. Any ideas????

Jackhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
U should probably start a new thread as this one discusses new passwords. I had to do the same thing but cannot remember how I did it. Do remember it took a long time to get it finished. Sorry wish I was helpful.

Most reactions