What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some free/cheep games for a 20 hour plane ride lol

Jloomis110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm heading to Sydney in a few weeks I need some cheap games that will help burn some hours lol

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get an rpg for long time involvement.
Something like the old school Dink Smallwood or Aralon.
Neither expensive, but not free alas.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better yet, pick a modern airline which offers in-seat movies, music and video games on all classes. For example, V-Australia, which covers the US-Sydney routes, offers 30+ movies-on-demand and over 200+ albums as part of its inflight entertainment on all classes.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One I read about on a forum and installed was Train Express. Its installed so not sure how much, but remember cheap. My husband and friends loved it and it can occupy a lot of time. I'm not much of a game person so can onoy relate what others said.

Diane

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of iPhone games that are free, or maybe 99cents that play fine on the iPad. Go to the iTunes store on your computer, click on App Store, then search "Free Games"!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent over 50+ hours flying last December, and with the exception of short domestic US flights, my international flights were all on airlines with in-seat entertainment systems - and I couldn't even finish watching all the movies I wanted to. My iPad was more for me to kill time waiting in the airport lounge, than on the airplane itself.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or better yet, fly on Delta. On their US domestic routes they off in-flight WiFi! Not sure if they offer it on international flights.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or better yet, fly on Delta. On their US domestic routes they off in-flight WiFi! Not sure if they offer it on international flights.

They turn off the WiFi once you are leave US airspace.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<===== scratching Delta off of my list of international carriers!

They turn off the WiFi once you are leave US airspace.

lol! That does make we wonder though if other carriers offer WiFi access on international flights. When I asked why we couldn't have WiFi on my flight to Johannesburg they told me it was for legal reasons.

To the OP, there are couple of games recently that have consumed more of my time than I care to admit. If you are into old school types of games (like 80's arcade) Minotaur Rescue ($.99) is awesome. Jeff Minter himself wrote the game so you know it is worth the money. If you are looking some something that can easily consume an entire flight, Ascendancy ($4.99) is pretty hard to beat for strategy games.

Most reactions