What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help to fix a little problem...

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have install a cydia tweak, and now my Ipad 2 is stuck at the Apple boot up screen (AGAIN...!)
Is there anyway to get into the Ipad from my PC?
I have OpenSSH install, but dont know if I can use that, when the Ipad is stucked at the boot up screen?
Med venlig hilsen
Emil:D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It depends at what point the device is stuck. If you can see the "spinning wheel of death" at any stage, that is a great indication that you will be able to SSH onto the device.

But if the device is stuck early in the boot process then you don't have much chance, sorry. In this scenario you may be forced with a restore, which could mean the end of your jailbreak!

I have just tested the 5.0.1 window and Apple are still signing 5.0.1, but the window could close any minute. 5.1 was released yesterday and the signing window for a previous firmware normally closes between 24 and 48 hours after release. You have very little time left to restore to 5.0.1, and you will need to do it manually be downloading 5.0.1 from our sticky thread and using the shift-restore method in iTunes to select the firmware file you downloaded.

Good luck.

I'm also gong to move your thread into the main hacking section, OK?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just tested again, and the window is closed, so if you didn't manage to restore to 5.0.1 you are now out of luck, sorry. Any restore you do must be to 5.1.

OP
E

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much... I restored it with 5.0.1 and im jailbroken again... Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts