What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help on Updating the OS

gekkota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still running OS 3.2 and would like to upgrade to the current OS, but I am not sure how to do this.
My iPad was set up on my Windows pc, and synced to my iTunes account on that computer. I no longer have access to that computer at this time (but I will, eventually...)

I am looking for suggestions on how I can update the OS without that pc. Can I bring it to the apple store, even though it was set up (formatted??) on a Windows pc?

The other option is that I know my sister has a Mac, and has never even set up an iTunes account on it. Hard to believe, I know! Can I use her Mac to update my Windows-ish iPad, and if so, what about all my data? I don't want her Mac to be my primary library, and I don't want all my apps to be erased. I am confused about all this and appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can update with any computer without syncing or deleting data... But I would recommend having a backup.... You never know what might happen during an update.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do would be to being it an Apple store... if you can get an appointment with a "genius". It doesn't matter what type of computer you use to sync your iPad with.

Most reactions

Latest posts