What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Gmail set up help

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
don't know how to fill this out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1) Delete the screenshot. It's not a good idea to post your email in a forum. In the future you can use an app like Skitch to obscure private information in screenshots. It's what most forum members use.

2) Don't use that setup. It's for general IMAP accounts. There is an option just for Google's Gmail accounts. It works better, and requires nothing but your email address and password to setup.

Unless you've enabled Google's 2-step authentication feature. In which case you'll have to generate and use an app specific password from your Google security settings, online on a computer. If you need help with that, let me know.

GoogleAccount.png

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
don't know how to fill this out
Hello 420benz, hopefully the above posts by these very helpful members have been of assistance. I took the liberty of excising out your name and email address from your attached file as, I'm sure you'll agree, that is much safer for you as far as your security is concerned and now complies with the rules.:)
Regards, Andrew.

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1) Delete the screenshot. It's not a good idea to post your email in a forum. In the future you can use an app like Skitch to obscure private information in screenshots. It's what most forum members use.

2) Don't use that setup. It's for general IMAP accounts. There is an option just for Google's Gmail accounts. It works better, and requires nothing but your email address and password to setup.

Unless you've enabled Google's 2-step authentication feature. In which case you'll have to generate and use an app specific password from your Google security settings, online on a computer. If you need help with that, let me know.

View attachment 60906

Did the above and it worked. I didn't get what I posted in the screenshot.
Sorry for always asking dumb questions. But all of you guys ar just Great. Thanks to All.

Most reactions

Latest posts