What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need app to lock ipad

sharkskill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I saw this app on a friend's tablet. It was running Android but i've also seen this same exact functionality on an iPad a few months ago. But i don't know the name of the app. Here is how it works: You switch on the iPad and the first thing it shows you is a screen with a square of 9 dots. You have to move your finger in a specific pattern in order to unlock and use the iPad. If you try more than twice and fail to get the code right, the iPad shuts down. I thought this was really neat and protects my device against unauthorized access, but i have no idea what app is that? Hopefully it's free.:)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's an Android-specific function; you can't get that on a stock iPad. All Apple has is the simple, 4-digit password or the more detailed password. No gestures, sorry.

If you were to jail break the iPad, I believe there is a tweak that will allow you to unlock your iPad like the Android way. However, as I've never used it, I don't know the name of it or if it would work on the iPad (as the tweak was developed for an iPhone).

Sorry, but the alphanumerical password is as fancy as it gets for the stock iPad. It's very effective, just kind of boring if you want more. :)

Marilyn

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you're looking for pattern unlock. Which on android tablets u can have all kinds of crazy patterns since the screen is bigger it allows for more options. But Ive never seen anything like it for apple devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a neat option for unlocking your phone, with one major flaw however. It took me all of one look at my brother in laws Galaxy Nexus to figure it out just by the smudges left on the phone lol. I guess if you make the pattern really crazy it would work better. At least with number or letters there are many different options the code could be.

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly. When I used it I was anal about cleaning my screen all the time lol. Now I just use target unlock from aosp jelly bean

Sent from my SGS3

Most reactions

Latest posts