What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need app that can stream movies

Hollywood06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im looking for an app for iPad that I can stream movies. Downloading isnt that importnant but would be ok. Would like a free app. Any suggestion besides bigumovies.

tyreless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Filebrowser can stream movies but they need to be in m4v format (it might also work in mp4). It won't stream avi or mkv.

Cheers,

Geoff

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hollywood06 said:
Im looking for an app for iPad that I can stream movies. Downloading isnt that importnant but would be ok. Would like a free app. Any suggestion besides bigumovies.

Where do you want to stream movies from? Movies you have stored on pc or movies from the Internet? Cause it sounds like you want a similar app to bigU which is still piracy know matter much honey you spread on it to sweetin....

Besides thare many movie streaming apps in the app store and are free....
Crackle
Fanhantten
Xfinity
Time Warner
And few others...that I don't know....other I'm sure will....
Unfortunately you won't have the option "Movies still in theatres" to view though...
Also netflix but it's supscription only but still nice...

Last edited:
OP
H

Hollywood06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hollywood06 said:

Where do you want to stream movies from? Movies you have stored on pc or movies from the Internet? Cause it sounds like you want a similar app to bigU which is still piracy know matter much honey you spread on it to sweetin....

Besides thare many movie streaming apps in the app store and are free....
Crackle
Fanhantten
Xfinity
Time Warner
And few others...that I don't know....other I'm sure will....
Unfortunately you won't have the option "Movies still in theatres" to view though...
Also netflix but it's supscription only but still nice...

I'm wanting to stream from the internet till I figure how to put all my DVDs on my iPad. I kinda want to stay away from the pirated movies. I have crackle and like it. Didn't know if there was any in Cydia that was like that.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And lets stop the discussion of BigU there please guys. We no longer tolerate it's discussion as it is now in the same bucket as other piracy as far as the forum is concerned. Cheers.

Most reactions