What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a photo-app that can resize pictures

brahcy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a question for you guys. Im using my iPad to send pictures from a photo session, via email, to customers (via the camera connection kit). The problem is that the pictures are about 6-10 mb in size, and thats a little too big to send via mail. Takes too long to send and I cant attach more than one picture.

Is there any good photo-app out there that can resize a picture to a desired resolution?

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Photogene is head and shoulders above Photoshop Express in all respects. Adobe should be ashamed of themselves for letting this one out of the barn.

Macgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zaggi has a great free on I use daily.

Sent from my  iPad using iPF

Macgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called photo pad.

Sent from my  iPad using iPF

Paul240480

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gitessouthbrittany.com
I downloaded PS Express this morning, and cannot for the life of me see how to resize my pics:confused:

Going to try Photo Pad now (thanks to this thread). If that proves good, PS Ex will be 'ex';)

Edit: can't find photo pad in the app store?

Last edited:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded PS Express this morning, and cannot for the life of me see how to resize my pics:confused:

Going to try Photo Pad now (thanks to this thread). If that proves good, PS Ex will be 'ex';)

Edit: can't find photo pad in the app store?

I don't think you can resize in PS Express, only crop.

Search for Zagg or Photopad. It is there although I have never used this as it primarily a marketing tool for their screen protectors. Worth checking out though.
If you do any kind of image manipulation though and want control over the final output, I recommend Filterstorm or Photogene. Both great apps and both have their strengths and weaknesses. The latter is probably more feature rich at the moment but I prefer the former for most tasks.

JonB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need an app that will make an image smaller.....NOT in the size of the file --but the physical image....I resize and image down to 100 x 100 but various viewers (like My Photos) insist on filling the frame with the image. How do I stop this. I am trying to build a wallpaper - where my image fills up only a small part of it. Im frustrated. Help please....JonB

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Paul240480 said:
Thanks, I have now got Zagg:D Spent half an hour trying to get my now resized avatar up on here. After doing a search I learnt that I need to do that from my PC DOH!

Now you can get a new avatar on the app. Tap on your profile then on your avatar and you'll have the option of looking for a new photo. It will even size it for you!

Most reactions

Latest posts