What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And four Zaggs later...

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a Zagg screen protector when I bought my iPad2 (on release day), got all the way home and found out that not only were the holes nowhere near lined up correctly, Best Buy had hurried through it and left a fingerprint under it and large pieces of dust around the edges. I was unhappy so I had my wife take it back for a refund.
Fast forward to yesterday. I went and bought one of the new revised versions, got home and tried installing it myself (since I was unhappy with what Best Buy did). First off, the sprayer wouldn't spray. I was lucky to get as little out as I managed to get. Unfortunately I didn't happen across this until after I had removed the screen protector from its backing and laid it out on my dust free glass table top. I smeared around what little solution I had, thinking it would coat it, but no luck. When I went to put it on it just stuck. No way around it. I did manage to get it back off and realigned. Then I had a heck of a time with the air bubbles, but I managed to get the majority of them out and figured the rest would evaporate out and suck to the glass like window tint does. Lo and behold, at 11:00 last night, I noticed a nice, big scratch in the lower left corner of my screen. The screen protector was scratched right out of the box.
So today I returned it, no problem. The clerk was either flirting with me or I found a sympathetic ear and she didn't charge me for the installation. I had this Best Buy (different from the one before) install it because I wanted to see how it was done.
Well the guy sat down and showed me ... couldn't get it to line up right and was getting fingerprints all over the sticky side. After a few minutes he crumbled it up and called a girl over, who promptly said to go get her a new one. She treated it with such finesse it went on perfectly. Of course she didn't use the crappy spray bottle and squeegee that came in the package. She had a whole arsenal of big spray bottles and hard squeegees. No fingerprints, no dust ... perfect. Apparently she was the resident screen protector installer and that guy hadn't installed any before.
So yeah, this is my fourth screen protector so far.
Next on the list is to ditch the smart cover when a portfolio style case comes out that can put it to sleep and wake it up. I've been carrying my iPad to school and the smart cover just doesn't do all that well in my backpack. I need something more substantial. So there will be a gray poly smart cover for sale when that time comes.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Well at least you got everything straighten out. Any idea how much you will sell your SC for?

OP
the_john

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure. They're $39.99 new so I was going to slap $30 and see if anyone bites.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

Most reactions