What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Spokane Trip

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This building started life as a movie theatre but was at some point in time gutted and turned into a parking garage. Another example of history lost to serve the needs of the moment.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Bing Crosby - have a 4-CD set of his recordings (from the '30s into the '50s) and also own many of his movies - he was a Washington State native and lived in Spokane for a while - thanks for the remembrance! Dave :)
View attachment 66998
You're welcome. I'm glad my post brought back some pleasant memories.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe one of the conventions will take place near Disneyland, sometime?

Have a safe trip back home!

Well, having been to both the above and Disney World in Orlando, FL, the latter may be a better choice - another travelogue that I could start - ;) Dave
In 2006, the World Science Fiction Convention was in Anaheim, a 20 minute walk from Disneyland. In 2013, a group from Orlando was bidding for the right to hold the 2015 World Science Fiction Convention at Walt Disney World. If they had won, it would have been a matter of walking out the front door of the hotel and you'd be right there in Disney World.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a fine looking airport sci. Have a safe trip home mate! Looks like your conference participation was enjoyable and successful. Great pictures, for sure:)
Andrew
Thanks. I'm sitting at home as I post this, having arrived safely. Now the 11 1/2 month wait for the next World Science Fiction Convention begins. Next year I'll be going to Kansas City, Missouri.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In 2006, the World Science Fiction Convention was in Anaheim, a 20 minute walk from Disneyland. In 2013, a group from Orlando was bidding for the right to hold the 2015 World Science Fiction Convention at Walt Disney World. If they had won, it would have been a matter of walking out the front door of the hotel and you'd be right there in Disney World.
At this point I'm wondering if they were your first choice when you voted in 2013.

Most reactions

Latest posts