What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My NEW Problem--Opinions Please

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on 03/18 and my order was marked "Prepared for Shipment" today. I just received the following email from APPLE:

Dear Gayle

Thank you for your recent order with the Apple Online Store. We
appreciate your business.

We have been unable to obtain payment for your order.

If we do not receive a response from you within one week from the date
of this email, your order will be cancelled.

We offer the following options for resolution:

1. Please contact the financial institution that issued your credit card
to review the reason for decline. You will need to resolve this with
your financial institution before this order can be processed.

2. If you are unable to resolve the issue with your financial
institution, you may cancel your order by visiting:
Apple Order Status You will need to login to your account
with your Apple ID to locate this order.

3. Please visit Apple Order Status to change your form of
payment to a different credit card. Please ensure the cardholder name,
billing address and phone numbers on file for your credit card match the
information on your order. You will need to login to your account with
your Apple ID to locate this order.

4. If you wish use a different form of payment, such as a Money Order,
Cashier's Check, or Wire Transfer, please call us at 1-877-422-5368.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store

Online Help: Help - Apple Store (U.S.)
Phone: 1-877-422-5368
Mon-Fri: 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Pacific time
Sat-Sun: 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific time

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my problem--I purchased through the Barclay Credit Card (advertised on the Apple Site) and intended to pay it off immediately. I called Barclay and they have approved the charges (I could have purchased 7 or 8 iPads with my credit limit)--now APPLE wants another form of payment and I do not want to be charged twice. Of course, they are now closed so I have to wait until tomorrow to call.

I am already upset that my son and his family are moving from Ohio to Arizona and I saw them for the last time before they leave tonight. Waiting for the iPad was giving me something to look forward to--now this. I don't suppose I will be receiving mine on Saturday. Thanks for letting me vent--I am just sooooo upset!!! :mad:

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problem. I can understand why you are frustrated.

Based on the email you received, your order hasn't been cancelled. That should mean that there is an iPad in China allotted to you. I think therefore that there is a good chance that you can still get your iPad on Saturday if you call Apple first thing tomorrow.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just call Apple customer care tomorrow. This sounds like a very simple issue to fix - I'm sure they can help. Deep breath! Things will be OK. Apple only wants to make customers happy.

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you check your Barclay's account online (if they have an online account site)? Does it show that you were charged?

What happened initially was that Apple pre-authorized the charges but then they fell off, it was just a funds verification. When they went to charge it again to ship it, Barclays may have declined it, thinking it was a double charge or fraudulent.

Either way, you won't get charged twice and only receive 1 iPad. Even if you did get charged once, and give them another form of payment and get charged again, Apple would credit back the Barclays account since you only ordered one.

I wouldn't worry...I would check with the Barclays account first, most likely it isn't charged. Call them and let them know the charge is legit then call Apple and update your info, you should still be able to get it on the 3rd.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More than likely you forgot something like the correct security code for your card.
Most are on the back, my AMX security code is on the right front.

When Apple went to charge your card obviously it would not pass. Another common error is the expiration date if you recently got a new card.

Most online centers like Amazon catch these errors within minutes, Apple must be a little slow.

Tonyruggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. It pre authorized then it dropped off and then I got that email last night. I called apple to make sure and the guy said that it was due to pre-authorization only lasting for 72 hours so then they had to repre-authorize. Either way he reassured me that mine will be here on saturday. I wouldn't worry too much but still give apple a call today to make sure.

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got that same email (linked above at another forum) after my order showed Prepared for Shipment, so it was confusing to me. I called Apple and they assured me that they had already obtained authorization for payment, although the pending charge fell off a couple of weeks ago. I still worried until this morning when I saw that there was a pending charge again on my credit card. I didn't get tracking information yet, and my order still shows Prepared for Shipment, but I feel confident now that everything is okay.

Susan

OP
Gayle

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your support. :) I called APPLE this morning and got a very kind and courteous rep who told me that they have received payment, my iPad is just waiting on the dock for pick up, and I should disregard the email. I also asked about the carriers (UPS and FedEx)--she told me that they are both picking up shipments and the one is there first for the next shipment is the carrier--sounds like they are equally sharing this launch. Then, I asked about the Saturday delivery and she said they had just received a memo that both carriers have an agreement to deliver on April 3.

Feeling a little better about the situation but really would like to move quickly to "shipped" with a tracking number. :(

Last edited:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you activate your Barkley Account. Once approved you have to call a special 800 number to activate your card.. If you don't do this then you cant make any charges to the card...

Most reactions

Latest posts