What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here and Appstore doesn't accept my "payment method"

dama13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm Dama and I'm new to this site. Just got my first iPad(3) after having used an iphone and macbook for a few years. I had no problem installing my previously purchased and free apps on my iPad, and also installing new free apps. But I can't purchase any apps from my iPad. I have a Dutch credit card, with a billing address in Indonesia where I live, and have used the same credit card from the first time I set up an account. Never any problems.
First I'm asked to verify my payment info by entering my Apple ID Password. Then a new window opens which says: "Your account has been accessed from a new computer or device, and you must verify your payment information before you can make purchases." But when I provide the data it says:"Your payment method is not valid in this Store. Please enter a new payment method." I have checked my apple ID info, which was OK. I checked out and in again, as suggested in another thread here, but to no avail.
Any suggestions anyone, please?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Be sure to authorize the computer thru iTunes before you try to make a purchase.

OP
D

dama13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be sure to authorize the computer thru iTunes before you try to make a purchase.
Thanks! That indeed solved it. Funny thing was I could download free apps, including new ones so I assumed there was no problem.

Most reactions