What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new iPad seems possessed.

Okienoodler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My old iPad was having issues, so I took it in. The battery was just about gone, so they said I could get a new (refurbished) one for the price of a battery (99.00). I brought the new one home yesterday. It worked for a little bit, and then it started going crazy. It opens up programs one after another. It will open Safari and start typing random letters. It sometimes won't respond to my finger pressure, or when I tap on one thing, something completely different responds. There are times it works fine - for a little while - then it turns into a demon again. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what the issue could be? I will call Apple on Monday but I'm curious if this is a 'thing', or just my crappy luck?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My old iPad was having issues, so I took it in. The battery was just about gone, so they said I could get a new (refurbished) one for the price of a battery (99.00). I brought the new one home yesterday. It worked for a little bit, and then it started going crazy. It opens up programs one after another. It will open Safari and start typing random letters. It sometimes won't respond to my finger pressure, or when I tap on one thing, something completely different responds. There are times it works fine - for a little while - then it turns into a demon again. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what the issue could be? I will call Apple on Monday but I'm curious if this is a 'thing', or just my crappy luck?
What's happening is that your iPad is showing all the symptoms of a failing touchscreen. If that's the case, you'll need to get the touchscreen replaced. The Genius Bar at an Apple Store would be able to confirm this.
Did you buy the refurbished iPad from Apple? If so, it has the same warranty as a new iPad. If you bought it anywhere else, it's up to the seller what you get for warranty protection.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have any screen protection like a extra glass or plastic over it. I know sometimes those can effect the screen sensitivity.

Marlb10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup this is the failing touchscreen issue, my cousin had the same issue and he had to get it replaced. He bought it from Apple. They'll do it. Go there.

Most reactions