What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My minis are shipping

OP
N

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow! I ordered the Mini LTE three minutes after ordering started online and my delivery date is the 21st. Obviously delivery is not going by ordering time - must be location?

You may want to log on to the Apple site and check your status. My original date was the 21st as well but it got changed to the 16th.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My minis are in and setting at the destination sort facility, per Fedex tracking, which is 5 miles from my home. But the delivery date still shows Nov. 16. I guess I won't see "out for delivery" until tomorrow.

OP
N

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My minis are in and setting at the destination sort facility, per Fedex tracking, which is 5 miles from my home. But the delivery date still shows Nov. 16. I guess I won't see "out for delivery" until tomorrow.

I just checked again and I am in the same boat as you; sitting at the destination facility just a few miles away from my office. It's nice to know that I will have them tomorrow though. :D

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There may be semantics at play. Best Buy may have received an allocation of inventory but it is already accounted for due to presales.

As far as I know, BB won't let you pre-buy an iPad. I believe apple won't allow it. And I have tried. If you are I. Their mailing list, you will likely get an email tonight saying the LTE version will be available in stores tomorrow at 8 am. They did this two weeks ago. It won't even be offered for sale until the set time.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know, BB won't let you pre-buy an iPad. I believe apple won't allow it. And I have tried. If you are I. Their mailing list, you will likely get an email tonight saying the LTE version will be available in stores tomorrow at 8 am. They did this two weeks ago. It won't even be offered for sale until the set time.

I bought my iPad 2 as a presale at BB and returned one to Apple that arrived slower. At the time, BB required you to buy a $100 gift card and specify the model you wanted. When one arrived, they called me. I was out of town, so my husband picked it up. It was easy and involved no lines or such. It took about three days to arrive, if I remember right. You applied your gift card to the purchase, or you could change your mind and spend the card on something else.

I happened to be at BB for another reason when I learned that they were offering presales. I don't know if they're still doing that.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:DJust checked my tracking info and this is what I saw:
-

11/15/2012 - Thursday
7:27 amOn FedEx vehicle for delivery

This was on both of my minis. Will post if I really get them a day early.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow...just checked mine...it's on the vehicle for delivery.....oopps...doorbell! It's here. One day early. Cool.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They just arrived. Great surprise getting them early. Now the fun of setting them up and playing.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pre-orders, IMO, should show up before they get in stores. Finally, Apple does it right! :)

OP
N

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine were just delivered to my office as well! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ME!

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, that's only about 20 iPad minis. :p

No its not. 1.5 mil / $629 (the most expensive mini) = 2276 (and change) iPads... It would be even higher if some of them are lower end models (which is highly probable).

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Minis all set up and working great. Don't see any problem with minis so for. But should be an update for iTunes soon because no picture of mini in summary and when you unplug it from mac it disappears and also if you try to wifi sync from the mini it can not find mac. Other than that works just like my iPad 3rd generation. Much more portable than big iPad. Love it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No its not. 1.5 mil / $629 (the most expensive mini) = 2276 (and change) iPads... It would be even higher if some of them are lower end models (which is highly probable).

That was a joke....

Most reactions