What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My jailbreak is acting weird!

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While at work tonight, after reading a bit on my break, I shut down my iPad. When I got home, I turned it on and it was as if my jailbreak was gone! :mad:All my icons were full size again and instead of 25 icons, I only had 20 per page and my dock looked just like stock. :( Cydia wouldn't open as well as other jailbreak apps. I panicked at first but then powered it off again and restarted it. Once it was restarted again everything was back to normal. :p The only thing odd that I noticed (when I turned it on when I got home) was that it took a long time to get to the slider page. I will monitor this and keep you posted but I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them. Anyone know what could cause this?
BTW, iPad 2 wifi 5.1.1 jailbroken with absinthe 2.0

Cheers, Dan

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't just hold down the volume key by mistake during boot? That activates the new super-safe-mode in which all jailbreak capabilities are disabled. Rebooting turns it back off again.

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't just hold down the volume key by mistake during boot? That activates the new super-safe-mode in which all jailbreak capabilities are disabled. Rebooting turns it back off again.
Gee, I missed that feature and I'm not sure if I did or didn't. Interesting...Thanks!

Cheers, Dan

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gee, I missed that feature and I'm not sure if I did or didn't. Interesting...Thanks!

Cheers, Dan

Yeah, Cydia's owner, saurik, updated Mobile Substrate to enable Safe Mode when volume up is held during the re-boot. So, anyone who has the most recent Mobile Substrate loaded will have this. Here is a screen shot of the Cydia details on it:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339096038.923661.jpg

You may not have noticed it because it's not like the Safe Mode you'd see if you activated it, say, from SBSettings. For one thing, you don't get the pop-up that tells you that you've entered Safe Mode.

I, for one, like it ... a lot. Helps to know that there is a fall back in case something gets seriously messed up.

Marilyn

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, Cydia's owner, saurik, updated Mobile Substrate to enable Safe Mode when volume up is held during the re-boot. So, anyone who has the most recent Mobile Substrate loaded will have this. Here is a screen shot of the Cydia details on it:

View attachment 17679

You may not have noticed it because it's not like the Safe Mode you'd see if you activated it, say, from SBSettings. For one thing, you don't get the pop-up that tells you that you've entered Safe Mode.

I, for one, like it ... a lot. Helps to know that there is a fall back in case something gets seriously messed up.

Marilyn

Thank you for sharing that with me, Marilyn. I can see the usefulness of this feature when apps behave badly.

Cheers, Dan

Most reactions

Latest posts