What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad mini just died!

Trudi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad mini (about 7 months old) suddenly died. I have charged it from power source as usual but cant turn it on.

Have tried pressing the home button and then the off/on button for various durations but no signs of life.

I am reluctant to use the reset as I dont want to lose anything. Maybe its the battery..:rolleyes: Any ideas??

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Apple determines that it is a hardware issue and if your warranty hasn't expired you should get a free repair or replacement. Let us know how it works out.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad mini (about 7 months old) suddenly died. I have charged it from power source as usual but cant turn it on. Have tried pressing the home button and then the off/on button for various durations but no signs of life. I am reluctant to use the reset as I dont want to lose anything. Maybe its the battery..:rolleyes: Any ideas??

Hi Trudi and welcome to the Forum!

Try doing a reset of your mini......this type of reset does not change anything on your iPad and is akin to rebooting a PC.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in, it can take up to 30 seconds, so be patient, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

OP
T

Trudi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I feel a bit silly now - after phoning for Apple Help first - just needed to 'reboot' as I hadn't turned the device off for so long. Feeling silly because I knew this, but had forgotten. Just needed to press and hold the on/off button together with the home button for 10 seconds. Once again SHE'S ALIVE!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, I feel a bit silly now - after phoning for Apple Help first - just needed to 'reboot' as I hadn't turned the device off for so long. Feeling silly because I knew this, but had forgotten. Just needed to press and hold the on/off button together with the home button for 10 seconds. Once again SHE'S ALIVE!!

Well that's so good to hear your mini is alive and well!

And there's no reason to feel silly at all! Enjoy!!

OP
T

Trudi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Leelai I just saw your post and ofcourse you were right. Such a simple remedy! I still cant believe how I managed to forget this. many thanks :thumbs:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Leelai I just saw your post and ofcourse you were right. Such a simple remedy! I still cant believe how I managed to forget this. many thanks :thumbs:

Well, I feel silly now! I would've suggested that had I realize you said nothing about rebooting it! Lol

Most reactions

Latest posts