What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad loses it's touch!

Chammy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I play Sudoku a lot. That's where I first noticed that after using it for quite a while, it would stop responding to my touches. I press on a cell, and nothing happens. Maybe after pressing 5 times, it works. But once that starts, it just gets worse. It has happened mostly in my Sudoku apps, but others too.

This happened on both iPad and ipad2.

Last edited:

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Hi chammy and welcome to the forum!

Take a minute and read the forum rules before you post, that way we don't have to delete double posts! :)

Forum Rules link here

Regarding your touchscreen, some apps I've noticed have a slow response time when touching controls. How does it work on your home screen?

Best,
Max

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This kind of behavior can usually be cleared up by restarting the iPad, something that Apple recommends you do at least once a month.

Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears, thens slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold the power button down again until the Apple logo appears.

OP
C

Chammy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oooops, Max. Sorry about the double-post!

I'll try the reboot idea and see what happens. I was beginning to think my iPad loses it's coherence after a time, anyway.

Thanks!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chammy if you haven't got them already there are two very good sudoku games for the iPhone by Mighty Mighty Good Games.
One's Sudoku and the other is Expert Sudoku and they play really well on the iPad with minimum distracting eye candy.

OP
C

Chammy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love those two games

Chammy if you haven't got them already there are two very good sudoku games for the iPhone by Mighty Mighty Good Games.
One's Sudoku and the other is Expert Sudoku and they play really well on the iPad with minimum distracting eye candy.

Boy, I am addicted to both of them. Love the simplicity. But the expert one I can only manage on the easiest level. It's HARD!

Most reactions

Latest posts