What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my ipad and win 7

Rodrigue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any one help me explain how to sync my lappy with win 7 and. My iPad so that I will be able to download file into my iPad using my lappy?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

What file are you wanting to put on your iPad?

In order to sync your laptop and your iPad, you need the iTunes program on your laptop.

Here is the link where you can download iTunes -- Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you simply want to transfer a few files from your laptop to your iPad you can either use iTunes - as 1991C4 suggests - or you could email them to yourself and collect the resulting email on your laptop (OK for small numbers of files), use a cloud server such as Apple's MobileMe iDisk, which enables you to upload/download files from your PC to your iPad wirelessly without using iTunes (it also syncs contacts and calendars if you want it to) or use a third party app such as GoodReader, that can transfer files 'en masse' over either WiFi or USB.

Most iPad Forum members have GoodReader - it's the iPad's 'Swiss Army Knife' and is a multi-talented, multi-faceted software tool that's low-priced, frequently upgraded with new features and almost universally admired by Forum members.

It's a very simple way to transfer files quickly and easily from your PC to your iPad over WiFi or USB - it supports a folder structure too and you can then open those files in the relevant iPad app.

Some of us 'iTunes challenged' Forum members (I'm top of that list) have nervous palpitations if we have to sync our iPad with our PC - one Forum members has, as his tag line "Think before you sync or you may sink" and, for many of us, that more or less sums it up.

I connected my iPad to my laptop day one - I had no other choice - and I've kept the two apart ever since....

But, I have to accept, that many Forum members just love iTunes and have no trouble with it at all - so it's clear that I live in a parallel universe where all the 'iTunes challenged' Forum members live....

Tim
Scotland

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Some of us 'iTunes challenged' Forum members (I'm top of that list) have nervous palpitations if we have to sync our iPad with our PC - one Forum members has, as his tag line "Think before you sync or you may sink" and, for many of us, that more or less sums it up.

I connected my iPad to my laptop day one - I had no other choice - and I've kept the two apart ever since....

But, I have to accept, that many Forum members just love iTunes and have no trouble with it at all - so it's clear that I live in a parallel universe where all the 'iTunes challenged' Forum members live....

Tim
Scotland

I really dislike ITunes. I, too, stay away as much as possible LOL though have had to sync to upgrade firmware and that's on the horizon again with 4.3. I use Dropbox (a cloud storage with 2GB free) to move files. Its integrated with Goodreader and quite a few other apps. Makes life very easy, drag into Dropbox folder on laptop or desktop, open on Ipad in Dropbox, Goodreader, etc.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts