What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 is not syncing Calendar events to other devices through iCloud

a1689baptist

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Devices: MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion 10.8.2), iPhone 3GS (iOS 6.0.1), iPad 2 (iOS 6.0.1)
iPad 2 Settings:
iCloud settings: Calendars 'ON'
Mail, Contacts, Calendars: Default Calendar: Calendar; Sync: All events
Shared Calendar Events: 'ON'
Within Calendar App: Calendars checked: Calendar
iPhone 3GS Settings:
Identical to iPad 2 settings
MacBook Pro iCloud Calendar: only Calendar checked

I set up the following test event entries for the same date to see what was coming up in each device above:
1-From iPad: "iPad to iCloud test"
2-From iPhone: "iPhone to iCloud test"
3-From iCloud.com: "iCloud.com to iCloud test"
4-From MacBook Pro: MacBook Calendar App to iCloud test

(The last two entries may be redundant, but I wanted to cover all possibilities.)

I then I checked the Calendar App for each of the above devices for "events" 1, 2, 3, and 4 above.

The iPhone Calendar App had "events" 2, 3, and 4
The MacBook Calendar App through LaunchPad had "events" 2, 3, and 4
iCloud.com had "events" 2, 3, and 4
The iPad, however, had "events" 1, 2, 3, and 4, #1 being the iPad-to-iCloud test

Only the iPad had all events entered from all devices. This creates a problem, of course, since I almost always have the iPad with me, and that's where I prefer to make additions/changes to Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Reminders. It does happen, however, that only the iPhone is handy for checking an appointment, etc., so dependability across iCloud is pretty important! What can I do to resolve this?

N.B., Contacts and Reminders synced successfully across all devices through iCloud.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
a1689baptist

Well, I guess I lied...
Now, it seems that only the MacBook is syncing to the other devices. iPhone and iPad entries are no longer updating to iCloud; entries are not showing up in other devices. Grrr...
MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Last edited:

robrodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a1689baptist said:

Devices: MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion 10.8.2), iPhone 3GS (iOS 6.0.1), iPad 2 (iOS 6.0.1)
iPad 2 Settings:

Well, I guess I lied...
Now, it seems that only the MacBook is syncing to the other devices. iPhone and iPad entries are no longer updating to iCloud; entries are not showing up in other devices. Grrr...

Same for me. I have lost valuable calendars. New appointment inserted on iPad have disappeared.
I have relied on this system and it has completely screwed me.
I have tried many fixes too.
Back to paper diary for me. At least it does what I want.

robrodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robrodie said:
Same for me. I have lost valuable calendars. New appointment inserted on iPad have disappeared.
I have relied on this system and it has completely screwed me.
I have tried many fixes too.
Back to paper diary for me. At least it does what I want.

PS I have a iPad 3. This problem came in with iOS6 I think

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have given up trying to manage calendars and worrying about duplicate entries. I have a calender set up in google calendar, Pocket Informant, Exchange, one that says work, one says family.
It's gotten me crazy. I have no clue how to set it up so that if I make a calendar entry on my iPhone it shows up on my Google and Outlook calendars!

OP
a1689baptist

a1689baptist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update!
Since Apple has released iOS6.1 for iPad and iPhone, all issues have been resolved. Calendar, Notes, Contacts, and Reminders are now syncing as they should across all my devices.

Thank you, Apple!!

Last edited:

sandee ferebee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a1689baptist said:

iPad 2 Settings:
Mail, Contacts, Calendars: Default Calendar: Calendar; Sync: All events
Shared Calendar Events: 'ON'
Within Calendar App: Calendars checked: Calendar
iPhone 3GS Settings:
Identical to iPad 2 settings
MacBook Pro iCloud Calendar: only Calendar checked

I set up the following test event entries for the same date to see what was coming up in each device above:
1-From iPad: "iPad to iCloud test"
2-From iPhone: "iPhone to iCloud test"
3-From iCloud.com: "iCloud.com to iCloud test"
4-From MacBook Pro: MacBook Calendar App to iCloud test

(The last two entries may be redundant, but I wanted to cover all possibilities.)

I then I checked the Calendar App for each of the above devices for "events" 1, 2, 3, and 4 above.

The iPhone Calendar App had "events" 2, 3, and 4
The MacBook Calendar App through LaunchPad had "events" 2, 3, and 4
iCloud.com had "events" 2, 3, and 4
The iPad, however, had "events" 1, 2, 3, and 4, #1 being the iPad-to-iCloud test

Only the iPad had all events entered from all devices. This creates a problem, of course, since I almost always have the iPad with me, and that's where I prefer to make additions/changes to Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Reminders. It does happen, however, that only the iPhone is handy for checking an appointment, etc., so dependability across iCloud is pretty important! What can I do to resolve this?

N.B., Contacts and Reminders synced successfully across all devices through iCloud.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
a1689baptist

Well, I guess I lied...

I seem to have similar problems
Have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones all under same username but my calendars all sync thru exchange not I cloud. Now my calendar notes do not get shared with other devices

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sandee ferebee said:
I seem to have similar problems
Have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones all under same username but my calendars all sync thru exchange not I cloud. Now my calendar notes do not get shared with other devices

What's your default calendar?

Most reactions