What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 has already died!!!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I generally think that but I bought the Ipad 1 one month after it was first shipped. I bought Apple Care juet in case but have never had one problem with it in 11 mos so I might rethink that axiom for Apple products and don't think I would be a bit worried about buying the Ipad 2 even though I'm not buying one for other reasons--mainly that gen 1 is still doing all I need and I'll buy gen 3.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a problem with a new iPod Classic that would constantly lock-up even after hard restarts. I finally took it to the Apple Store and they brought out a new one in the box and replaced it. No questions asked. They apologized like crazy and were extremely nice. They'll do the same for you. That's why it's always best to buy directly from the Apple Store. The staff there is actually trained and will make sure you're happy.

Ipad failures have been very rare. Sometimes the newest ones off the line have more precise quality control than the millions that come later. But overall the iPad 1 was the best problem-free version-one device ever released. I bought mine the first day and it's been flawless for 11-months.

Last edited:

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So after standing in line from 4:30 to 5:30 and then using it for about twenty minutes, I took an hour to drive to my dads and then at around 8:30 I finally got to use it. I was using it for about two hours and then it started to act up.

At first it was a little bit of lag between about a quarter inch on the left side and the rest of the screen. Shutting down all of the multi tasking seemed to have fixed it but about thirty minutes later it got worse, it the left side of the screen and the rest of it were not even showing the same apps or anything. Once this started I got on my Mac and tried restoring it, that didnt help. I decided to restore it again and thats when everything went down hill...

I can't get a photo of the second restore screen because its too dark but its basically just a smear of the restore bar streched across the screen.
Now that the screen has restore screen has gone away:

You can see it is the lock screen and I can still unlock it just by kind of feeling for it and it will open. You can still open up apps and stuff but all you can see is the top little screen (what I called the left side earlier).
Here is a photo with what I think is note pad:

So as you can see the touch sensors and the actual iOS works fine but the screen is dead.
So I just figured I would be first to share that the iPad 2 does seem to have a few issues and I plan on giving **** at Apple tomorrow.

Is the battery fully charged ... how long after plugging in the a.c. power did you wait 'til you started using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts