What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My apps before Cydia won't start. Help?

Llama Talks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
K, I installed Cydia this afternoon, downloaded some apps, but now when I try to open apps that I had before installing Cydia won't open. What should I do ? The thing is that I don't want to re~install them, just get them to start.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some inconsistent application states there... I don't think you'll fix it without reinstalling the problem apps.

Remove the app from your device then immediately reinstall it via the App Store. That should resolve the issue without losing any data.

If this is happening with all your apps it could be more problematic.

Its worth reminding ourselves that the advice from the Chronic team was to wipe the iPad, apply the jailbreak, then restore from a backup. Whilst you don't HAVE to do this, some folks who don't seem to be experiencing these problems.

I didn't wipe, but only experienced it with 2 apps out of the 100+ I have installed. Some folks recently however have reported more than a few apps not opening. If you didn't perform a backup immediately before the jailbreak that could be a cause..., but I'm guessing.

Hope you get it resolved.

Most reactions