What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My APPLE TV 3 shipped!!

silguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an email from Apple that my new apple tv shipped and would arrive today! i just want to post cuz im excited!!:thumbs: anyone else receive there's yet?

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know what it's like when it arrives - I upgraded the OS on my AppleTV 2 and like it (although novelty value more than anything else!) so I am sure the 3 will be good in 1080p :)

OP
S

silguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i will! I was waiting for exactly the 1080p version. A little background, I have 3 streamers at home; XBOX360, WD TV Live Plus, Patriot Box. The only reason for me buying the ATV is for mirroring apps to the big screen and hopefully stream 1080p movies more smoothly.

Tim, how do you use your ATV? Do you mainly use it to mirror? Watch downloaded movies..etc?

thanks,

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use the ATV all that much to be honest (only had it 3 months)

Mainly for watching films though; iTunes stores rentals from iPhone/iPad and ripped DVD's etc. from iTunes on my Windows PC or, again, from iPad

Also have iTunes match with circa 17,000 tracks on it so that's good for the ATV too

Just signed up to the Netflix one month free trial, won't keep it going but is good for the next few weeks anyway!

OP
S

silguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using it and in luv it. I bought it so I can mirror apps from my iPad, but I've been doing everything else but that. I'm sure it's not much diff from Apple tv 2, but I never used one to compare. I mainly use it to stream my movies and it's pretty good. Not as clear as from a hard drive of course, but really smooth as expected from apple.

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear you like it! That's my main use of ATV2 as well, film streaming. I've got a ton of films on a NAS that can stream to PlugPlayer on iPhone/iPad then AirPlay to the ATV2. Could do this via iTunes on my laptop too if needs be.

If it helps anyone I'm building this film library up by ripping my DVD's to MP4 using WinX DVD Ripper Platinum or converting M2TS format films I recorded on PlayTV (PS3) to MP4 using Handbrake.

Most reactions

Latest posts