What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must See, Turn Your iPad into ALL-IN-REMOTE!!!

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks interesting.
I have been playing around with the FLPR and while it does work,the screens are not too great.
I am sure it will only get better and the learning function really is not too bad.

FLPR

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
I would lose that in about .2 of a second. It's a good idea but sticking out like that will ensure that it never lives in the ipad for fear of damaging it or the headphone port. They should have put the jack in the middle of the side instead. They still could probably...

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would lose that in about .2 of a second. It's a good idea but sticking out like that will ensure that it never lives in the ipad for fear of damaging it or the headphone port. They should have put the jack in the middle of the side instead. They still could probably...
Or bent this 90degrees.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree the form factor leaves something to be desired.
On the other hand there is a lot of stuff in there.

On the FLPR I have been messing with the shape is a little better but not much and I jhave had to remove the case from each device I have tried it with so far except the Otterbox where you remove a giant cover just to get to the dock connector any way.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The FLPR IS LIKE 70 bucks, the red eye is 50,

But check this bad boy out for only a whopping 10 bucks!

But bewarned, it claims universal remote but isn't, it is just strictly TV remote. But if all you need is to control TV then for 10 bucks, can't go wrong, app is free.

Thx to recent poster to engadget as I checked out the comments and someone provided link today!

What Can $10 Buy You? A Universal Remote for your iPhone

Last edited:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

But bewarned, it claims universal remote but isn't, it is just strictly TV remote. But if all you need is to control TV then for 10 bucks, can't go wrong, app is free.

Thx to recent poster to engadget as I checked out the comments and someone provided link today!

Are you going to try this out and give a review for us? If this 10$ device works I would be interested. Keep us updated;)

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I almost ordered, but read some comments, and some1 mentioned it's just for TV, thank God I didn't order, marketing tricks cause they advertise it like it's a universal remote..

Na, I'm gonna go for the real universal remote, the red eye, I'm a control freak, lol.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The FLPR exists now and the RedEye does not yet from what you posted so how can they be compared.
Aside from that,I am not in love with the FLPR at all.
That is what I reported but I am sure it will get better too.

This $10.00 model is interesting and is not really a universal remote but more of a TV Guide remote and seems fairly powerful for what it is.

I try all of these out because this is how I make a living,as you may have assumed from my name here?

Ed

Most reactions

Latest posts