What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmony Link Turn your iPad into a remote

Padholdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padholdr.com

Logitech isn’t exactly a stranger to universal remotes, and if you’ve been yearning for an Android or iOS aimed solution from the Swiss company, its new $100 Harmony Link should have you covered. The Link is a WiFi-enabled infrared puck and app combo, that allows you to control up to eight devices in your home theater from the comfort of your touchscreen sans pesky dongles or cases. more...

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw this and I am trying to find out more about it, I have a rather complex A/V system in my home and currently use Philips Pronto remotes to control it. I have looked at some of the other solutions out there for the iPad and so far I find them all a little too steep of a learning curve to setup or lacking in some features that I need. Hopefully more information on this system will become available, thanks for the link.

Attachments

• image-849930795.png
    image-849930795.png
    617.8 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The DirecTv app allows me to use my iPad 2 as a remote. Of course you need to have DirecTv for it to work!

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes the new version of the DTV app is very nice and allows access to your unified playlist if you have the whole home feature active. However what I am looking for is something to control all of my equipment from a few iPads.....

youyu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a great invention.The TV and ipad combined together :thumbs:

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My son set the harmony Link up with my DH's theater system Jon set up for him. Very easy to use. it's not the HL that is the learning rev. it's setting up all the equipment correctly. That takes time. Jon set it up to work thru the BlueRay and stereo surround. It all works great, and have 7 items on HL. The only thing I have found that throws in a hijinks.is when DH is watching Netflix via the BlueRay. If he is thru at the Netflix point and doesn't go go to the watch TV menu first before turning off the system, it causes problems then with turning the sequencing of items. MI had to resync the HL ap on the iPad before I figured that out. Simple fix. But I love this system. I can finally see what to hit and easy to maneuver, and the Mister couldn't be happier. He, the mechanical genius, is computer challenged. he's learning more to do with his iPad because of it. Mof course, I got him his own.....didn't want him to touch mine and cause problems (GRIN)

Most reactions

Latest posts