What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must have free/chargeable Apps for new iPad 2 user

memyhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Will be getting my iPad 2 for Christmas and would like advice on the best must have free/payable apps out there at the moment. Will be using it for surfing, video, music, video, photos & games (so everything pretty much!)

Also, after a finance/budget app so i can log my income/outgoings every month. Currently do it on word on my PC but i'm sure there is a fancy app for the iPad which does this?

Any advice for an iPad virgin would be appriciated.

Can't wait to get it :)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"Bills" is a great finance app to track your spending/bill paying. There are plenty of others too. As for other apps - its impossible to say since we arent sure what kinds of gsames you like or any specifics. Even highly rated apps are disliked by some people and some low-rated ones are loved by some people. I suggest using the website AppShopper.com which is a great resource for watching app price changes, whats hot, whats not, the Top 200, etc, etc. They usually have links to reviews too.

Here are a few Must have apps, IMO:

Google Earth - Fun to play with
iPad Forums App - Yes, this website you are on here has a great app for reading and posting to this forum. I use it more than this actual website.
IMDB - Great for movie info with trailers, and all kinds of other data
WikiPanion - A free Wikipedia reader that always works great for me
NASA - Great app for keeping up on space news
AccuRadio - Free radio/music listenting app thats better than Pandora, IMO
USA Today - Great app to read the USA today newspaper

There are plenty more - hope this gets you started on your journey to app nirvana. :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dropbox
Evernote
Splashtop
Goodreader
Buzz player
Flipboard
Atomic web browser

Sent from my iPad using iPF