What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Wait! Are your speakers connected to your pc with your iTunes library on? If they are you don't need a airport express just use the remote app to control playback of your iTunes library from your iPad.

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
havent checked that, the reason i have itunes on my pc is because of ipad. But are u saying that I can control the music which is stored on my pc connecting to the speakers by an ipad app? if i want to stream my music which is stored on the ipad itself then i have to buy the AE?

Reaction score
Blu3Moon said:
havent checked that, the reason i have itunes on my pc is because of ipad. But are u saying that I can control the music which is stored on my pc connecting to the speakers by an ipad app? if i want to stream my music which is stored on the ipad itself then i have to buy the AE?

Apple has a free Remote app, which let's you remotely control iTunes. Basically, everything happens on the PC, the iPad only gets used as a fsnyc remote.

But if you want to play music directly from the iPad, then either the APE, or ATV are required.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Surely all your music on your iPad would already be in your iTunes library or would be at next sync.

Reaction score
DefBref said:
Surely all your music on your iPad would already be in your iTunes library or would be at next sync.

Definitely, the iPod app can only play the music, which is also on iTunes.

However, going that route requires the PC to be constantly on and it only works for iTunes. I have only done estimates, but the increase in electricity bill should roughly cover a refurbished APE within 1 year. I personally also watch YouTube videos, listen to radio, etc. so the APE was definitely a worthwhile investment.

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Yeah, its just in the op's particular case, I thought I would point out he doesn't need airport express. I have one myself and an ATv2 and AirPlay and homesharing are great. But both of these are connected to dedicated Amps not a PC

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea i was thinking of that too... so the best way is also to buy the AE. But omg i was suprisly shocked in a good way when i tried this now. holy shit :D is there anyway i can "transfer" the remote app to the ipod on ipad. its kind of heavy to type on the remote app all the time when theres shortcut for the ipod on the taskline

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
by the taskline i mean the line u get when you double click on the home button

Reaction score
Yeah, that is a restriction of iOS. The apps run sandboxed, so they can't take over control of the system, but it also means you can't control an app from outside the app. So the only way to control the music playback on your PC is via Remote app, the icons in the Multitaskbar cannot be configured to work with Remote. You would think Apple would make exceptions for it's own apps, but alas no.

Sarah_Grosi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, one more alternative for streaming can be [FONT=&quot]WiFi2HiFi app. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I see on [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb6rmt9GnN8&feature=related"]youtube [/ame][/FONT]

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks. I've finally bought the AE. Bought it today. The music wireless streaming from the Ipad to my speakers works perfectly. The only thing I've not managed is sound from my computer to the speakers.

I've bought a splitter and a 3,5 male to male cable.

My setup is:

AE - > splitter -> speakers / 3,5 male cable to computer.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Another thing is the wireless printer. I plugged my printer ( lexmark x3650) to the AE. But I can't find it when I try to print something from my Ipad.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
My setup is:

If you want both your computer and AE to connect to the speakers, then this is wrong.

It should be AE and Computer to a switch then switch to the speakers (you maybe able to use the splitter in reverse for the same effect, but playing music on the AE and computer at the same time may cause problems).

OP
B

Blu3Moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My setup is:

If you want both your computer and AE to connect to the speakers, then this is wrong.

It should be AE and Computer to a switch then switch to the speakers (you maybe able to use the splitter in reverse for the same effect, but playing music on the AE and computer at the same time may cause problems).

I don't understand your setup... o_O Could you explain more or give me an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts