What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music player that shows commentary id3 tags in library browser

MilesHi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, been looking for a couple of days now, but can't find an app that shows commentary tags in the library browser that I have previously written in the mp3 files. I would need to see these without having to open another option, so I could scroll down the playlists seeing all the commentaries.
Any ideas?
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, been looking for a couple of days now, but can't find an app that shows commentary tags in the library browser that I have previously written in the mp3 files. I would need to see these without having to open another option, so I could scroll down the playlists seeing all the commentaries.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Hi Miles - welcome to the forum! :) I've looked at your post several times and see that there have been over 200 views but no responses - sorry, assume that music tagging on an iPad is not done much or even impractical? I went to the iPad App Store and did a search on 'id3 tag', and the first image below shows the results - I've not used these iOS apps so can give no advice - if not already done, you may want to download some of the 'free' ones and/or pay $3 for 'Metainfo' - if not sure, then look at the reviews. I also opened my music app on my iPad Pro to see if I could do any 'tag editing' in that app - could not find a way (unlike the music app on my Mac laptop).

NOW, do you have a 'real' computer? If so, a Mac is what I use as mentioned above - on that device, I have a great 'Tag Editor' (see second pic) that likely would do what you want - not sure about Windows options but sure they exist (completely converted from Windows to Apple in 2013). Well, about all that I can offer - hopefully you might get some responses after my post - Dave
TagEditor1.PNG
TagEditor2.png

OP
M

MilesHi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Miles - welcome to the forum! :) I've looked at your post several times and see that there have been over 200 views but no responses - sorry, assume that music tagging on an iPad is not done much or even impractical? I went to the iPad App Store and did a search on 'id3 tag', and the first image below shows the results - I've not used these iOS apps so can give no advice - if not already done, you may want to download some of the 'free' ones and/or pay $3 for 'Metainfo' - if not sure, then look at the reviews. I also opened my music app on my iPad Pro to see if I could do any 'tag editing' in that app - could not find a way (unlike the music app on my Mac laptop).

NOW, do you have a 'real' computer? If so, a Mac is what I use as mentioned above - on that device, I have a great 'Tag Editor' (see second pic) that likely would do what you want - not sure about Windows options but sure they exist (completely converted from Windows to Apple in 2013). Well, about all that I can offer - hopefully you might get some responses after my post - Dave
View attachment 97707View attachment 97708
Thanks a lot Dave for your answer and time!
I have found a solution for what I'm looking for, not sure if it's the best one, but it will do.
For creating the tags Ive always used mp3tag app on a pc, and then I play the songs on a macbook pro and an ipad.
The traktor dj 2 app is the only one that opens some tags that I've seen on ipad, but the tags that are visible are "genre", so with my tag editor I've copied the comment tags to genre tags, and voilà! I can now see my comments while browsing my music library with traktor dj.
I'm now happy and have bought a second ipad as a back up, and find it very easy to add the same playlists to both devices.
Thanks again for your help!

Most reactions