What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multtiple Pop3 mail accts

Leboyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my iPad on saturday. I quickly set up my gmail acct with no problems. Once I verified that it wasn't deleting the emails from the server (so I can still get them on my PC), I added tlwo additional Pop3 accts. Unfortunately neither if these worked.

I searched the forum and found the info on the 'candy' site (forum wont let me post the actual url since im new to the forum) and tried to follow and correctly set up the accounts.

As an example, I enter mail.abc.com with appropriate user name/pw and smtp.abc.com for out. Going. During the "verifying" process, I recieved an error "smtp.abc.com not responding". When I changed it to mail.abc.com during the verify it seems to hang until I exit (of course with the acct not saved).

I never get to the port issue. Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
Just got my iPad on saturday. I quickly set up my gmail acct with no problems. Once I verified that it wasn't deleting the emails from the server (so I can still get them on my PC), I added tlwo additional Pop3 accts. Unfortunately neither if these worked.

I searched the forum and found the info on the 'candy' site (forum wont let me post the actual url since im new to the forum) and tried to follow and correctly set up the accounts.

As an example, I enter mail.abc.com with appropriate user name/pw and smtp.abc.com for out. Going. During the "verifying" process, I recieved an error "smtp.abc.com not responding". When I changed it to mail.abc.com during the verify it seems to hang until I exit (of course with the acct not saved).

I never get to the port issue. Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

That candy side is AMAZING ;D

mail.abc.com or smtp.abc.com is important. Are all the accounts using the same mail server? Are you sure you have the same address? How are you configuring them, as POP or ??

OP
L

Leboyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mail.abc.com or smtp.abc.com is important. Are all the accounts using the same mail server? Are you sure you have the same address? How are you configuring them, as POP or ??

Good questions. By playing around with one of them, I was able to get one working. Seems the issue with that one was the user name had to include the full email address.

I don't have the 3g, so until I can get to a wifi I won't be able to play around with the other one.

Thanks!

Most reactions