What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MS Publisher Alternative for iOS 8 (iPad Mini 3)?

David.W973

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could recommend me an alternative to Publisher for the above OS?
I know you can get Publisher in the App Store but, if you want to be able to create and edit documents, it costs around £10/month, which is steep!!!
I'm not necessarily looking for a free app but one with a decent price and no monthly fees.
It's most for designing promotional material for a stall I run at uni so it has to be good.
Thanks
smile.png

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't think you will find one, although several publisher's are on the app store - but have bad reviews.

If you get one please let me know as I could do with one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
D

David.W973

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I've just found one made by a company called Aidaluu inc. on the App Store. It is £4.99 a pop but there's a package of that and other useful apps for under £25 but worth about £65 when bought separately.
The publisher app has only two reviews but both positive so that's a good start and the other apps in the bundle include a web designer.
If you wanna wait before committing a fiver to an app, I'll gi it a try and get back to you

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi David - welcome to the forum! :)

Wife & I used First Publisher (FP) when on PCs, but switched to Macs nearly 2 years ago - had to find an option for OS X and switched to iStudio (unfortunately, the FP files are proprietary and there is no way to use them on our Apple machines - :().

There is likely no iOS app w/ the depth and features of these Windows or Mac OS X programs, so I'm hoping the one mentioned will serve your purpose; please let us know what you need to do, e.g. simply putting together one or two page flyers w/ pics & text or more complicated, like a multi-page, multi-column newsletter? If the former, then the iOS version of Pages offers numerous templates (and I'm sure others are available for download) applicable to desktop publishing. Dave

Most reactions