What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MP4 on the iPad(1)

Boldson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloading video from my camera's SD disk to iPad gives me MP4 files that I cannot view. How can I convert to .mov, or otherwise play an MP4 file? I've already downloaded a couple of apps that don't seem to work. The internet has several downloads, but I won't have a computer in the field, only my camera and iPad.
Thanx,
Bo

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloading video from my camera's SD disk to iPad gives me MP4 files that I cannot view. How can I convert to .mov, or otherwise play an MP4 file? I've already downloaded a couple of apps that don't seem to work. The internet has several downloads, but I won't have a computer in the field, only my camera and iPad.
Thanx,
Bo

I've successfully used oPlayer to watch MP4 format files from my still camera. It seems to handle most formats.

Tim

OP
B

Boldson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mp4 files on iPad

Thanks Tim, OPlayer is one of the apps I'd tried with no success. How do you get the mp4 file into the docs field of OPlayer?
Bo

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, OPlayer is one of the apps I'd tried with no success. How do you get the mp4 file into the docs field of OPlayer?
Bo
I use GoodReader

There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac.

Tim

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, as you don't have a computer in the field, only camera and iPad, besides you can try VLC player and Gomplayer, 2 players that normally can play many file type. As the VLC now is pulled from App Store, get Gomplayer to have a try, or some other more tips you can go to Apple iPad support centre and iPad spot such as iFunia iPad culumn.

HTP :)

Most reactions

Latest posts