What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MP3 file

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playlists are in iTunes.
As I understand it, you put them into your computer iTunes first and sync to the iPad from there. You can sync playlists from there as well. I don't see how to put any files into the iPad music player from an email on the iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If i email myself a MP3 file, how can i organize them in a playlist?

Hi and welcome to the forum! :) You might want to better explain your goal(s), i.e. do you want to just send one MP3 file to place on your iPad or multiple ones?

The usual way that I put music on my iDevices (iPod & iPad 2) is to put the music on my laptop first (usually as MP3 files, i.e. purchased downloads or ripped from my CDs); the files are imported into the iTunes library, and then playlists are made - finally, the playlists are 'synced' to my devices; so if you have a LOT of MP3 files and want a playlist(s), then I would strongly suggest that you explore using iTunes (of course, I'm assuming that you have a computer?).

Now just to 'test' your email question, I did send myself a MP3 file from my laptop, appeared in the Mail app on my iPad, downloaded the MP3 - played w/i the mail program, and also had the option to export the file to multiple other apps, including GoodReader - the file played there; however, I did not see a way to get the file into the Music app of the iPad, so sending MP3s to yourself and importing into music & setting up a playlist(s) does not seem to be an option.

I also used my AirStash (pic below) - put several MP3s on a SD card from my laptop; then using the iPad app, I was able to play the music on the iPad (of course depending on the size of the SD card a LOT of MP3 files could be loaded!) but could see no way to get these files into the Music app.

Finally, you could try 'cloud' services, e.g. I've bought a LOT of MP3 music via Amazon over the years and have the 'Amazon Cloud' player on my iPad w/ thousands of songs that I can play over a Wi-Fi connection - SO, let me stop there and let you 'digest' this information and give us some idea of what you need to achieve? Dave
airstash_16gb.jpg

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an aside, sort of...
Using iTunes will solve some of the problems of how to get music and eBooks on to the iPad. On the Mac, iBooks will show eBooks and PDFs. Put the eBooks and PDFs into iBooks. iTunes will look into the iBooks library and WHEN YOU PLUG IN an iPad, the eBooks will appear in the Books Library. Music, audiobooks, and videos go into iTunes directly. Everything can be put in playlists. Think ahead when creating playlists so that you can be selective about what you want on the iPad.
;-D I didn't see a better place than here to put this post.

Last edited:

Most reactions