What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving multiple Camera Roll shots to Dropbox

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi , I'm trying to move 24 shots taken with the iPad camera and sitting in the camera roll over to Dropbox where I will separate them into a series of pdf's. Whilst I can see how to select multiple items in the camera roll when it comes to transferring them to Dropbox via the Share facility I get only one across each time. It's annoying because I can see a number of pictures are shown as selected but once I get to clicking on the Share then Open In choices it shows only one as being Flagged and the 24 are greyed out and cannot be selected.
Help! What am I doing wrong?
Dagwood

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried it from the other way? Go into the Dropbox app and select the Uploads tab on the bottom. Then, when in that tab, there is a plus sign (+) in the upper left. Selecting that plus sign opens your Photos where you can select pictures (you may have to authorize access to your Photos app). You can select as many as you wish, then press the blue Upload button.

It'll take a bit (because you are uploading them to Dropbox, but they go up. The "problem" is that they go to the main Dropbox folder (you'll have to go to the computer or the web to move the photos or to sort them. But - they'll still be there.

Maybe that'll help?

Marilyn

OP
D

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks Marilyn, it worked perfectly! I'd not done it that way before ( said the art mistress to the gardener ) Seriously, I guess the newness of the iPad will tax my grey cells for a while yet. Good to know there are folks out there so quick to offer assistance.
Dagwood

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good! I'm glad it worked out for you. And, thanks for letting us know that it did. it's always nice to hear back ... especially on the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts