What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving and deleting pictures...

Pkerr100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New user here...

I see when I take pictures of my kids with the iPAD they go into an album called "camera roll"

I create an album called kids for keeping the pictures of my kids

I can "move" the pictures from camera roll album to kids album but if I delete them off of camera roll it also deletes them from the kids album. Is the way it's supposed to work? At least with pictures taken withthe iPAD?

Thanks

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, silly as it is, that's the way it's "supposed" to work. In fact, when you thought you "moved" photos to your new "album," all you did was to create a secondary reference for the photos. It's similar to "tagging" the photo with two tags, one for the Camera Roll and a second for "Kids." The only way to truly "move" photos from one album to another is to back up your photos on your PC, create copies in the desired folders on the PC (i.e. "move" them), delete those photos from the Camera Roll folder on the PC, and then sync the photos (including the new folders/albums).

iMoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy New Year! I think this is the most relevant thread so...I have the same quandary as pkerr100. I have an ipad 2 with iOS5. Absolutely love it!

It seems that one can create various new albums in the standard Photos App then 'add to' the new album, photos from Camera Roll. However, when I do this, copies of the photos I have 'moved' [or 'referenced' in the new album back to Camera Roll] appear to re-appear in Camera Roll as duplicates. (1) is this normal? and (2) does this use more disk space on the iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts