What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

movies

Mecread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it better to download them to itunes or mess with the dvd's to mumbo jumbo to ipad?

I do not have the dvds but debating to buying them and moving them ipad or just downloading..

I really need my Doctor Who with me.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
its totally up to you.

Ripping DVD's to itunes and then to your ipad can be easy if you find the right program for what ever operating system your computer. Some ripping software will require multiple steps and it could be a pain. Ripping DVD's to itunes also takes a lot of time, about one or two hours per movie.

One thing you may want to look into is the fact that many DVD's now have a sticker on the front cover that says it includes a Digital copy on the disc. This means you buy the DVD, stick it into your computer and be able to copy the deigital file of the movie into itunes. Some make it really easy by inclucing a paper inside the DVD case with a special code that you type into itunes and it downloads a digital copy of the movie for free.

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use dvd2ipod if you're on windoze. It even does h.264 and it's really easy to use, even the interface is an iPod. Did I mention it is free?

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you can use Handbrake, which is freeware, and comes in Win,Mac,Linux flavors.

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always found handbrake confusing for some reason, maybe I'll try it again.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as Mike said, it's all up to you, you can rip the DVDs use the right program like handbrake or ifunia, or just downloading to ur iPad.

If the one is my favourite, I will buy it and then rip to my iPad, of course can download and stored in iPad too.

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a shame Handbrake can't rip copy protected DVDs.

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Highly recommend cinexplayer,plays just about anything you throw at it. Must have app in my list

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I use ifunia DVD ripper. It does take awhile to convert the videos (average of 2 hours) but, it's nice when your done. I have also downloaded from Itunes. Itunes is faster but, you can only play the movie on your computer or a apple device from my understanding. They both have advantages and disadvantages. With Itunes you have all the artwork and information, but with DVD ripper you have to find and enter the info manually. I have a collection of DVD's so, it's nice to be able to put them on my Ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts