What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Move Apps From 1 iPad To Another

joek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys -

I have an iPad 1. Thinking of replacing with an iPad 3. Does that mean I have to re-purchase all of the Apps or is there some way I can load the iPad 3 from iTunes?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
You can do a backup of your ipad via itunes. Simply plug your ipad into your computer and select your ipad via the left hand side of itunes. Then on the main screen, select "backup" and you're good to go. Keep in mind it might take a few hours if you have a lot of content on your ipad.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
And no, you will not have to repurchase all your apps. Once you buy an app you have it for life

OP
J

joek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I backup my iPad 1 regularly but I assume that backup is associated with the Serial Number of my iPad 1 so the question is will iTunes load those Apps to a new iPad 3

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Thanks. I backup my iPad 1 regularly but I assume that backup is associated with the Serial Number of my iPad 1 so the question is will iTunes load those Apps to a new iPad 3

Yes. It has nothing to do with your ipad serial number. Its all account based :)

OP
J

joek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Freebird, one of my favorite songs, by the way!!

Most reactions

Latest posts