What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mouses and the Ipad.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What if you want a keyboard, mouse and a computer that is instant on? It's still a valid desire. A mouse would be much faster for selecting and placing a cursor. I've had the iPad since it came out (in Canada) and use it every day, but it still takes me more time to select text or make a correction than if I were using a mouse.

Cheers,

MacBook Air ;)

Excellent suggestion!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I don't get the constant references to "instant on" with the Ipad. With any decently modern system waking up from sleep to fully functional is a matter of a couple of seconds. That is about the same time it takes me to power on my Ipad and unlock it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I don't get the constant references to "instant on" with the Ipad. With any decently modern system waking up from sleep to fully functional is a matter of a couple of seconds. That is about the same time it takes me to power on my Ipad and unlock it.

The new MBA is ridiculously fast! Its comes up faster than the iPad, runs apps like they are nothing (in some cases faster than my mac pro!!) and is as thin as the iPad!! Battery life isn't nearly as miraculous tho! So, I'll be sticking with the iPad until the MacPad comes out ;)

Patspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my favorite things about the Ipad is it frees me from the mouse. It seems some folks are trying to turn it into a PC.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my favorite things about the Ipad is it frees me from the mouse. It seems some folks are trying to turn it into a PC.
No they are not. They are most likely using it with a bluetooth or dock keyboard, as it is designed to do... And likely only at times--not always. Using a keyboard at times does not equate to wanting a laptop instead. And during those times a mouse makes perfect sense. I don't want to use clamshell device in place of my iPad, where I must have the keyboard around 100% of the time.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reality is that the movement is away from the ancient mouse as a pointer. It was great device for a long time in computer terms, but like almost everything electronic, it will go away at some point. No longer ae laptops using trackballs or the eraser joystick. It is all track pads. I can use my iPad as a track pad mouse replacement or get the bluetooth track pad from Apple. Eventually, we might see the ultimate iPad that transmit to any HDTV set to use as a desktop computer. Perhaps the mouse will become a thimble glove that does all the functions.

FX4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the need a mouse camp. I would like to leave my laptop at home and there is no way to efficiently type or work on spreadsheets without a mouse. Seadog, really? Get serious your fingertip is not going to replace a mouse. It's inefficient for doing real work.

Bolingbroke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it, since the iPad is a touchscreen device there is really no point for mouse. The only thing I could think of in that the mouse would be useful would be if you had your iPad docked on the keyboard.

I understand that you have doubts that apple would allow users of the iPad to have mouse capability through bluetooth, but I do onot see how you could not see it's use. Often I would like to be able to easily drag and highlight, or move the cursor to a new position more easily.

This is my first iPad, and I have been disappointed in three things: a difficulty in obtaining refunds for faulty applications, no open access to a file system, and no mouse. Those three things would make me a much happier customer. Thanks for your input though.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bolingbroke said:
I understand that you have doubts that apple would allow users of the iPad to have mouse capability through bluetooth, but I do onot see how you could not see it's use. Often I would like to be able to easily drag and highlight, or move the cursor to a new position more easily.

This is my first iPad, and I have been disappointed in three things: a difficulty in obtaining refunds for faulty applications, no open access to a file system, and no mouse. Those three things would make me a much happier customer. Thanks for your input though.

Sounds like you need a computer, not a tablet.

Most reactions