What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mother Bequeaths iPad to Sons, Apple Refuses to Unlock it

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be honest, if Apple has a way to unlock this iPad, then hackers can do it too. If I were apple, I would have just said no way from the get go. Now the cat is out of the bag and they will get bad press from this. Also, does apple want to go on record for doing this after someone passes away? People pass all the time. I would not want to provide a service for unlocking iPads as a service. Again, it will be no time before third parties will figure out how to do it and offer it as a service on the web. Finally, the mom could have told some one the lock code or disabled the lock code herself. There is a chance that she might have wanted someone not to know what was on it.

Hmmm.... After reading this you managed to change my point of view now.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think its the lock code they're after, it's the mothers Apple ID password from what I read on another article. I say good for apple for standing their ground as pointed out before anything less would lead to document falsification to steal products.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iPF

I agree with you too.

Also what happened to AQ_QC, I feel sorry. Even me has creeped out about that part of your sisters FB page.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never fails, they jam up the good guy and the scammer always finds a way to get with stealing.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the amount of money they would spend on lawyers and such they might as well go ahead and buy new iPads for all of the boys and call it a day

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
with the amount of money they would spend on lawyers and such they might as well go ahead and buy new ipads for all of the boys and call it a day

sent from my black 64gb fifth generation ipod touch using ipf

lol

Most reactions