What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most impatient iPad fan goes to..... me!

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, so I cant wait any longer for the iPad to arrive from Apple (16gb wifi on order, showing as next Thursday for delivery).

There nearest Apple Store (an hour away) is out of stock. Ive tried local PC Worlds, none have the 16gb wifi in. Just out of boredom, I tried 32gb wifi, and voila, the Sheffield store has some in. Now, my wife and I are going to Sheffield on Friday after work because the Meadowhall cinema is showing all three Twilight movies - we are both fans (I know, I know. Im a 31 year old guy and I like Twilight. Sue me).

Now my problem is that PC Worlds website will only let you reserve an item until the close of business on the following day. So I rang and asked if I could extend this until Friday pm. No dice. The helpful guy on the other end told me to "reserve one now, which will hold it until tomorrow at 8pm, when the store closes. You can then re-reserve it just after 8pm for friday". Sweet!

So I have taken his advice - but as a backup, I have not cancelled my Apple Store order until I know for sure that I can reserve one tomorrow, for collection on Friday :)

Now to break it to my wife that I am going for the 32gb instead of 16gb.

Wish me luck!

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I contacted one of the PC world mega stores to ask if they had got the 64GB 3G in stock. surprising they said yes. Not knowing they only opened the day I phoned so I asked if they could hold one back for me.

I had the iPad plus the apple case.

Good luck telling your wife you now want the 32GB iPad ha ha

Anthony.L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, so many posts on here about people waiting. I just walked into my local Apple store on a whim, they had them in stock, and I walked out with one.

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, so many posts on here about people waiting. I just walked into my local Apple store on a whim, they had them in stock, and I walked out with one.

Yeah but Im in the UK, and we always play second fiddle to the US lol

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think you're wise to go for the 32 model.
It's surprising how quickly you can fill your machine once you realize what it can do, even if you do use air video and vnc apps.
Once your wife get's to play with it your problem will be getting it back.....

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, the 32GB is a better bet if the iPad is being shared.

My 16GB iPad is being shared by me, wife and my girl. Each of us have our own stuff inside there and it gets out of memory pretty fast!

Good luck on getting the iPad!

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And on that note - it all backfires. My carefully considered plan was going great.

Reserved one on PC World this morning no problem. Got my order number emailed.

So I log on to my Apple store account to cancel the 16gb one and voila.

"Your item(s) have already been prepared for shipment, so they cannot be canceled."

Doh. Ah well! Seems like patience really IS a virtue.

Although no indication on how long it will be until dispatch - the 6th is next Tuesday, so surely not that long if its all ready prepared?

Hawon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, you can still return the 16 gb model once you receive it. Or sell it on evay or somewhere, if it is still such high demand.

Yeah I'm in US and one of those who just walked into a store and Ickes and left within 3 minutes... I admit that it was an impulse purchase, but I'm loving it and I'm so glad i got this =)

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, you can still return the 16 gb model once you receive it. Or sell it on evay or somewhere, if it is still such high demand.

Yeah I'm in US and one of those who just walked into a store and Ickes and left within 3 minutes... I admit that it was an impulse purchase, but I'm loving it and I'm so glad i got this =)

As much as Id love to do that, I simply cant afford for almost £1000 to come out of my account this month lol. Something to do with having to pay the balance on our 4 week holiday at the end of July.....

I shall stick with the 16gb one - plus then it leaves me the difference to spend in Japan :p

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well yesterday I made a 9 hour round trip from Waterford to Belfast to get my 64gb 3G iPad. So far it's been worth every mile! Good luck with yours. :ipad-keyboard:

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I could drive (and had a car), I would have checked every PC World and Apple Store within a 3 hour drive for stock, then gone and got it.

Unofrtunately, I dont drive. My wife does, and I dont think she would be too happy to make a 6 hour trip after work.......

Still, assuming it arrives early-ish (the email says 9am-5pm, and we have to leave here at 5pm at the latest for our Twilight marathon) I will get chance to get all my apps and stuff on ready to play with on the car on the way.

No sleep for me tonight.

Most reactions

Latest posts