What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morning all

Asterixegaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have just purchased an ipad2. It is my first apple product and am getting used to it. Am very impressed by it so far and am enjoying learning how to do things in a different way from win/ ubuntu.

Am currently trying to work out how far I can go to use this as a business machine (e.g. Spreadsheets, documents, presentations) as well as trying to connect it to my home nas, my xperia phone, etc...

Am sure that the answers will come, but in the meantime I am enjoying exploring.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

In regards to accessing a NAS from the iPad, Filebrowser is an outstanding app. Though going the other way and accessing the iPad 2 remotely is very limited, unless the iPad is jailbroken, which is not yet possible with the iPad 2.

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome Asterixegual, you have found the best forum for help with your new iPad and lots of great folks too. See you around the site.

Chiky

OP
A

Asterixegaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ta all, thanks for the welcome. I read that survey, luckily i'd already found dtg...but confirmation is always nice.

Had already also got filebrowser:) but didn't have enough time at the weekend to configure.

The lack of the tab key is a pain but still enjoying it.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Asterixegaul said:
Ta all, thanks for the welcome. I read that survey, luckily i'd already found dry...but confirmation is always nice.

Had already also got filebrowser:) but didn't have enough time at the weekend to configure.

The lack of the tab key is a pain but still enjoying it.

Welcome to our happy friendly forum, I loved those Asterix comics as a child, as well as Tin Tin.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Most reactions

Latest posts