What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More than one computer

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Location
az
Want to sync my iPad with another computer, for the summer, we are snowbirds...is this possible?
Thanks
 

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
10,665
Reaction score
1,470
Location
Edmonton AB Canada
Yes. Make sure automatic sync is disabled in iTunes, and that both computers are authorized and you shouldn't have any problems.
 

Semel

iPF Novice
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
334
Reaction score
10
grabbit97 said:
Where do I disable auto sync in itunes

In itunes,go to edit,preferences,devices.Then deselect auto sync box.
 

jdpurvis

iPF Noob
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Philadelphia
KevinJS said:
Yes. Make sure automatic sync is disabled in iTunes, and that both computers are authorized and you shouldn't have any problems.

What does "authorized" mean? Does Apple have to ok it?
 

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
10,665
Reaction score
1,470
Location
Edmonton AB Canada
jdpurvis said:
What does "authorized" mean? Does Apple have to ok it?

No. You have to authorize the computer. Go to STORE in iTunes, on the computer. One of the options is "authorize this computer...". Click on that, and follow the prompts. Any time you have an ellipsis in a menu option, you will get a dialog box, expecting more information. This is where you tell the computer your Apple ID.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
 

jdpurvis

iPF Noob
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Philadelphia
KevinJS said:
No. You have to authorize the computer. Go to STORE in iTunes, on the computer. One of the options is "authorize this computer...". Click on that, and follow the prompts. Any time you have an ellipsis in a menu option, you will get a dialog box, expecting more information. This is where you tell the computer your Apple ID.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks!

Joe
 

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
257
Reaction score
9
Location
Oconto, WI, USA
This is good to know. I, too, thought I could only sync to just one computer. This is swell news.
Cheers, Dan
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top