What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More basic Q's (!)

Reaction score
Hi chaps on here again,

I need to ask a simple Q, regarding hotmail/ now called Outlook. I use my email account via a tab, as opposed to using an App. Im just used to it this way.

Now, I need to reveal my password.. but no idea how. I could in theory 'change password' but this takes 30 days It tells me.

Anyone know how I can do this? Simply to --reveal-- my password. I lost my written-down list of passwords you see, & although it's stored in my ipad in a series of ****** stars when Im occasionally prompted to sign in again, I cannot see it.

Thanks Schwanger

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
if you've been depending on the mail site remembering you, then there is no password stored for you to reveal. Just an authentication token, which has likely timed out or been lost when the catch was cleared.

If Safari has been automatically entering your password for you during login, you can go to Settings > Passwords, find the site and tap on the password to reveal it.

(unless you are using another password app, in which case you should check there)

Most sites offer password recovery options once you fail to enter a password correctly a couple time. Just keep an eye out for the link/option and follow the instructions. You can usually get back online in a few minutes. Make sure you record the new password when you choose it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi twerppoet, grateful for your info here.

Unfortunately you see I go to settings ( on my outlook page, top rhs) there is nothing relating to passwords.

I did try everything I could prior to resorting to the thread/ I do have some ability, despite my basic Q's!

Thanks, schwangster

OP
S
Reaction score
@twerppoet Aha got there! Thanks.. took a while but Settings (within ipad ) then safari.. got there.

Thanks so much. Would've taken me all day & some stress that.

schwanger

Most reactions

Latest posts