What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mobile me for ipad

whoachubby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the ipad and like many things about it .

I want to make it a functional unit for my day to day business operations.

because there is no place to store files etc. I didnt know how we could use it without constantly going back to the base computer.

then I saw mobileme and firgured I could work in the cloud and al of my reps could access and upload info.

thats where i WENT wrong. signed up for mobile me and put in the idisk app. OK now I thought I could open an email with an attachment - review the attachement and send it out to idisk.

Well that can't happen. I have to go to my computer and open the email attachment then save it out in idisk land.
So why don't I just go out and buy 2 netbooks?

any work around??

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont know quite what you are saying, it sounds like you want to have more versatility with file sharing. iDisk works great as you can access your iDisk drive from any computer and share files from any computer as well, it is a virtual hard drive. If that is not working for you, have you tried iWork.com yet? it is more iPad friendly and is set up to share files with between iWorks on your iPad and iWorks on your desktop or laptops. For example, i have used it whenever i have created a file with Numbers or Pages on my iPad then wanted to work on the same files on my laptop.. It works great for this purpose. iWork.com is a free service, you will have to register to use it.. Try it and see if this is what you are wanting... I'm curious if this is what you are after so post and let us know.. good luck..

OP
W

whoachubby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to do exactly as you just described in your post. My assumption was that I could upload into idisk when I had a document in the ipad. I was told that If I created a document or had an emailed pdf that I had to put it into the computer and upload from there.
NOw you are telling me I can do this from I work.com
I will try it this evening.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoachubby, you could also try Drop box. You can allow multiple people share files with drop box.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoachubby, you could also try Drop box. You can allow multiple people share files with drop box.

Yup,,, forgot about that one.... that one works great to... Whachubby,, if you try iwork make sure you go to iwork.com not i work.com

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can have shared folders with mobile me so you can share documents and work on group projects. Just put the doc in a shared folder. I think you also have to set up passwords or something, I don't have a need for it, so I haven't tried it myself.

OP
W

whoachubby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand that you can put files in a shared folder however if I pull a document off of the shared folder and make changes I should also be able to send it back to the shared folder without taking the iPad to a computer to have it uploaded.
Am I correct in this anallysis?

OP
W

whoachubby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a little more research.

Wanted to buy numbers and the word apps.

Great reviews from previous buyers however almost every review ended with the sad fact that documents created could not be exported.

I have no illusions about the iPad being a workhorse computer but you would think if they have document and spreadsheet programs available they would have considered how to process after creation on an iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts