What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile Device Service stopped working and was closed

jamesrgarrett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep getting a message on itunes that says my mobile device service stopped working. My ipad doesn't show up on itunes and I can't update to the new iOS or add any music. I have the new itunes version 10.2.1.1. Any solutions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try a restart, and a soft reset if that doesn't work. If neither of those work I'd consider calling Apple Support.

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears, about 10 to 15 seconds. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

OP
J

jamesrgarrett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple support

Yes, thanks, I've tried all of those solutions. I just got onto a different computer and downloaded iOS 4.3; however, still get the same message when I try to connect with my main desktop with all of my itune music on-board. Apple support wasn't helpful either. Jim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't let them off the hook. At some point they have to realize that you need a new iPad, or find the problem and fix it.

Keep us updated.

spin1078

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I just joined this because I was so frustrated myself, I wanted to help.

This is not an ipad issue, its an ITUNES 10.2.1.1 issue. THe apple MobileDeviceService is not starting so it doesnt detect your devices. Thus its the Computer and iTunes side you need to fix.

iPhone users are having this same problem. Surprise, apple has no fix!.

Im getting an android phone now just because of this.

Electro1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WE HAVE THE FIX TO REPEATED: MobileDeviceService stopped working and was closed

Ok so I just joined this because I was so frustrated myself, I wanted to help.

This is not an ipad issue, its an ITUNES 10.2.1.1 issue. THe apple MobileDeviceService is not starting so it doesnt detect your devices. Thus its the Computer and iTunes side you need to fix.

iPhone users are having this same problem. Surprise, apple has no fix!.

Im getting an android phone now just because of this.

#7 Today, 09:56 PM
Electro
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x Join Date: Jan 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenealy

Uninstall "mega key" Mega Manager etc... . It is an optional part of mega upload.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
OMG -FOUND THE CAUSE FOR:
MobileDeviceService stopped working and was closed;
and; Faulting application AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
Repeated errors in Vista! THANK YOU so much partner. :) On the Internet so far, you
are the only one that found that interaction... took 2 hours searching to finally find
that tidbit... Going to copy it to some other sites, if you don't mind.
You're tha man... :)

:thumbs:

Most reactions