What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB.tv via iPad2

blee132325

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing an iPad2, and using it to watch Major League baseball games is one of my primary reasons. What would be required to watch these games on my HDTV? I have already purchased mlb.tv premium for 2011.

AE1M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing an iPad2, and using it to watch Major League baseball games is one of my primary reasons. What would be required to watch these games on my HDTV? I have already purchased mlb.tv premium for 2011.

I'm in the same boat, I understand we'll need to buy the MBL 2011 app for iPad for $15.

If anyone knows different, I'd like to hear.

B

TickleRunner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately you cannot mirror live streaming of games via the MLB tv app on the iPad 2. It's frustrating, that was one of the main reasons I purchased the iPad 2. I bought the Apple AV adapter, an HDMI cable, and the MLB tv app from the app store, and have an MLB tv premium subscription for the year. On the iPad 2, the game streams beautifully, but when everything is hooked up only the sound goes through my HDTV, not the video. I know this is not a blackout issue because it streams fine on the iPad, and I know it's not a mirroring issue because as soon as you exit the MLBtv app the mirroring works fine (everything you see on the iPad screen you see on the TV.) Netflix streaming works fine too - I hook up the iPad 2 to my TV with the same equipment, same adapter, cable, etc. with no problem.

I have emailed MLBtv support but have not heard back. I don't see any reason why the MLBtv app would block video mirroring, because with the same MLB subscription I was able to hook up my laptop to my TV and watch the game that way so I see no reason why viewing the game on an iPad 2 vs a laptop should be different. Hopefully it is only a technical issue and an update of the MLBtv app would fix it.

So long story short, at the moment you cannot mirror MLBtv games to your HDTV via the iPad 2.

sanfranfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Ticklerunner I bought an ipad primarily to use the MLB.tv app and it's not working for me either. If you have any success in getting a picture please let me know.

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I did call MLB.com and they said they are working on the issue and hope to have a fix within the next few weeks. I'm honestly a bit pissed at Apple as they said that ANYTHING could be mirrored. Obviously this is not the case.

MSax

mojo6942

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this was working for two weeks after the ipad2 came out. than it just stopped after an update from MLB. so something happened in the MLB update. hope this cahnges soon he only reason i bought to extra cord has not have to buy the cable package!!

Most reactions