What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Ipad question

WilliamH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, our company purchased 35 Ipads for a large project we won. We have all the serial numbers down from every Ipad and my question is we have one Ipad that didn't turn up after checking them in. I checked the Apple site and we couldn't find any information there. Is there a way besides using the tracking software to locate it? From what I researched if someone actually took this it's probably already been wiped clean. Is it possible for the police to find this since we have the serial # of the one missing. I thought if someone creates another Apple ID on this missing Ipad and downloads an app, maybe we could flag the serial # that way? Thanks!

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There,

As far as I know Apple can't (or won't) track an iPad based on a serial number. Your best bet would be to give that information to the police and Apple. That way if the iPad should end up in an Apple store for repair or what not it will be flagged as stolen. Good Luck!

dana123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also recommend to let the administration know the issue and thus you will get the best solution.:thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts