What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing icons on my ipad

JScottL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone

This may be an old question and in fact ancient one. I did not realize that you were limited to 11 pages of icons and I did not stack in folders, so my question is this.
How do you finding the missing icons for the apps that our downloaded to put back on my screen? I have stacked my apps in folders now and have plenty of room to have more apps on my screens(pages) to put in folders. I have tried to find out how to do this but I must be typing in the wrong information to get the answer. Looking forward to the answer and thank you for the help.

JScottL

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

This may be an old question and in fact ancient one. I did not realize that you were limited to 11 pages of icons and I did not stack in folders, so my question is this.
How do you finding the missing icons for the apps that our downloaded to put back on my screen? I have stacked my apps in folders now and have plenty of room to have more apps on my screens(pages) to put in folders. I have tried to find out how to do this but I must be typing in the wrong information to get the answer. Looking forward to the answer and thank you for the help.

JScottL

Hi JScottL! Welcome to iPF!

They should be in App Store - Purchased. Every single app you downloaded can be found there.

OP
JScottL

JScottL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for that advice but I need to how to get the icons back from the App Store to my screens so I don't go thru App Store all the time. Thank you for helping me

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for that advice but I need to how to get the icons back from the App Store to my screens so I don't go thru App Store all the time. Thank you for helping me

I'd suggest to look into App Store - Purchased - Not On This iPad.

image-3217414217.jpg

If you find them there, you can install them by tapping the cloud next to them.

OP
JScottL

JScottL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to there I find the deleted icons not the current ones I have. The ones I need are in the purchased area and the icons there I need to transfer the icons there to put them on screens of the my ipad. I hope this is making sense. I feel like I am not explaining it very well, but I appreciate the help. :):thumbs:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you find the apps that aren't on your homescreens in Settings - General - Usage - Storage?

image-1702410698.jpg

You'll have to choose "Show all Apps" to reveal every app installed on your iPad.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It sounds as if the apps you want are on your iPad but are hidden away in folders. You want to find them so you can put them some other place, like in another folder on a different homepage?

OP
JScottL

JScottL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I got everyday working the right way now. I went to the storage page and showed all the icons and deleted the ones I did not need and then the rest of them showed up on my screens(pages). I thank you very much and have been very helpful from both of you and I will make sure I put in the right forum next time. I have this as one of my icons and will use again if needed. If there is anything I can do to help promote this or anything else helpful please let me. It is a GREAT service to have and learn and use. Thank you again

Scott

Most reactions

Latest posts