What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing file warning using Cydia

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep getting the below text almost everytime I download from Cydia. What does it really mean? I've checked for the requested file in iFile and, yes, it's there alright... The only difference is that the file on disc has a small 'h' instead of a capital one ('H')...

503081ad.jpg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, but the iPad is really, really picky about letter cases. Really picky. It will see that H and the other h as two completely different things.

I don't know what tweak you are trying to download, but I would suggest you contact the developer and ask him/her to take a look at their naming system or file. 'Cause you don't want to change your iPad ... they're the one who's got the wrong naming going on.

Marilyn

OP
Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, Mickey, the message hits me more or less constantly... But I figured it had something to do with what you mentioned... My downloads seems to work, though, so maybe I needn't worry? You think one could change the file name? Maybe create a duplicate and name it with a capital 'H'? Or will that s***w the iOS up, do you think?

Most reactions