What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Apps after respring

venster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did an update of Cydia changes and when I resprung the dashboard most of my apps disappeared.

Wasn't sure what to do so I did a reboot and they came back.

Not sure if this is normal, or needs looking at, but thought I'd bring it to people's attention. Bit wary of updating now...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did an update of Cydia changes and when I resprung the dashboard most of my apps disappeared.

Not sure if this is normal, or needs looking at, but thought I'd bring it to people's attention. Bit wary of updating now...

More than likely, you have a tweak installed that is not designed to work with your iPad or the iOS you've got installed (or both). Double check what you have installed and ensure they are all compatible. If one (or more) isn't, then uninstall it - which should fix the issue of "no icons on respring."

If you can't find the offending tweak - may I suggest you list what tweaks you have installed? Maybe we can spot the one that's causing the issue.

I say all that because the jail break (and updates) are fine - it's when you put on tweaks and such not designed for the iPad (or the iOS) that can cause errors.

Marilyn

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
venster said:

Does it say "safe mode" in your status bar? As Marilyn said, there is a tweak/app causing your iPad to boot in to safe mode or otherwise screwing things up. The only solution is to remove the problem.

OP
V

venster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've gone through all the apps installed and none are not compatible. And I've also removed bits I didn't use and when I resprung it was fine this time.

OP
V

venster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
venster said:
I've gone through all the apps installed and none are not compatible. And I've also removed bits I didn't use and when I resprung it was fine this time.

I think the offender was preferenceloader, searching around it seems I'm not the only one this happened to. Removed and reinstalled and was fine.

Balen Seeder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia app missing

hello

i had the same problem and i fixed it
look Man, i downloaded Cydia app then i installed it realy it is worked for me.
cydia app came back.

download (cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm).
then copy it and paste in any directory into your iphone via (ifunbox).
after that open iFile in your iphone, touch the cydia app that already you downloaded and touch the installer tab, the cydia app will install, fainaly respreng or turn off or restart your iphone.
the cydia app will came back. good luck.

i hope this help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions